and Yes, it's snowing where i live. It really is. I'm not kidding.

July 17, 2010

Because life is a Sacred Game.

Sometimes when i read a book, i end up thinking of characters who just pass by and wonder what it would be like if the book was about them. And it happens most when you are in a train compartment because you see characters all around you.

I met an old sarcastic couple. I mean, i've never met an Old Sarcastic Couple before, and these guys were the most fictional real characters i've seen around. And i met the most photogenic little kid i've ever seen, who patiently sat and saw all the photos on my camera, and a hijda who was a Man (i'm sorry, but again, i've never seen a Beard on a hijda, come on) And in the middle of this tedious journey, i was thinking of all the crazy things i did, and how Kerala was like a Wow which stretched on for a week, and about the paddy field i rode the scooty into, and about rocks which looked like sculptures, and mind you, this was when i was taking a break and looking out of the window from the book i was reading, and in the middle of vast green crop land, i saw a bunch of deer hop around.

And suddenly my world stopped. And i tried to savour in the moment. That somewhere, at the end of my month-long cacophonous existence, i saw a sight most spectacular in its simplicity. And its weirdness.

But that's the thing, the book will never be about the deer.
And well, thank god for that.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love posts which are made up of bit-stories I know bits about :)
Take a guess who?

Safdar said...

who else? :)